|Published||September 15, 2023|
|Expires||October 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Ensures safe and efficient operation of the units, perform all regular and routine operations and
emergency operations that arises from time to time. Taking care of the machinery/equipment
assigned to him during the shift and collects field readings and maintains log sheets.
1. Takes up area of work as assigned to him at the beginning of the shift and Follows instructions of the Refinery Shift Superintendent (RSS) or work instructions as set out. Conducts periodical field tests and report to control room /RSS and initiates corrective action as advised. Keeps Shift Superintendent I control room apprised of unit conditions and jobs in progress and any irregularities observed. Collects field readings and maintaining log sheets/book. Keeps record of process changes and maintains log sheets/book in a manner that is easily retrievable and can be analyzed at any time.
2. Liaises, interacts, gives direction and coordinates field activities with control room/maintenance/ contractors. When assuming charge at panel in control room he liaises and communicates with all external agencies like Dugas, Dusup, JAFZA, Surveyors and ship masters etc.
3. Issues cold work permit and prepares hot work permit, performs gas testing intermittently or continuously as required and prepares the job for the maintenance work.
4. Checks up seals/lubrication for pumps and compressors, burner adjustments, cleaning and changeover, monitoring of exchangers/air coolers and other equipment.
5. Performs duties on the field or on the panel as required. Performs all operations with full regard to the quality and safety parameters laid down, thereby maintaining safe working environment at all times and following safe work practices. For critical jobs assumes the role of fire watch.
6. Maintains and enters separately, a record of alarm or trip bypasses in case they are out of service or under maintenance. Writes and reviews procedures pertaining to the area of work and for all critical jobs.
7. Engages in all oil movement activities, shipping activities within the refinery. Performs the job of loading master as and when assigned during the ship loading of LPG.
8. Operates other than process units, High pressure boilers, flare system. Effluent treatment plants, Sulphur recovery plant, Firefighting and Alarms system, Fire water pump houses and other utilities.
9. Understands and operates the plant control logics, PLC based systems, DCS stations logics.
10. Operates as a member of the fire-fighting crew (1st line) and is trained for the same. Also assumes the role as a member of the fire-fighting crew as outlined in the Incident command system (1$1 line) and is trained for the same. Undergoes First aid training and is adequately trained in the use of PPE
- Min. of 7 years’ experience in the operations of a petroleum refinery or a
petrochemical industry for engineer and minimum 10 years for others.
- Must be familiar with distributed digital control.
- Must also know how handle any plant emergency with minimal or no supervision.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of the various process involved in
the units under his area. Must know the operating principles and basic details of
mechanical equipment like compressors, blowers, pumps, turbines, fired heaters
etc. and be able to operate these equipment, Must know basic principles and
functions of electronic and pneumatic control instruments.
- Must respond to cross training requirements to enable him to handle other operator positions in the refinery. Must be thoroughly familiar with all safety and
- Must know how to prepare a brief and report of any unit upsets and miss
operations. Must be able to understand and interpret engineering drawings. - Must know how to compile work list during shut down
To Apply Send Your CV: